Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sherwood Pool

We went to Sherwood Pool on Thursday as a play date with my friends. I showed up late because I was trying to get everything together to go to the reunion. When we got there..it was sooo packed. I wasn't able to take any pictures because I was too busy watching Zoee. They make the kids wear their lil' life vests (which I did not like at all). The pool would of been a lot of fun if it wasn't so crowded. We showed up and because they make them wear "their" life vests I looked around and couldn't find where they had them. I went up and asked a lifeguard that was walking by where they have them, and she said..Oh, they are usually right over there..but we don't have any more. I was peeved because if you are going to "make" the kiddos wear a certain thing..don't you think you should have enough for everybody to wear?? She said..oh there are some right over there. Of course, the ones she was talking about were sitting right next to someone's things. I told her, "I am not going to go up and just take someone's vest". So we waited for a little bit..Zoee started throwing a fit cause she wanted to be in the water cause she saw everybody else having fun. We finally got one and into the water we went. Zoee wanted to go to the deeper end..she could still touch where it was..but she is used to being in our pool and not so much commotion going on around her. People (mainly kids) were running around everywhere and the waves were pretty high because of it and so Zoee would lean over and try to swim and their life vest would pull her under. She would panic cause of all the waves she couldn't find her grounding. I freaked out and after that...wasn't in a good mood. Zoee wanted to stay a while. She saw everyone going down the smaller tube slide so she wanted to go to. It would of been fine if the kids weren't so mean. They were pushing the smaller ones down and not waiting their turn. I made her get off of it and she wasn't very happy with me. We only stayed maybe an hour..and that was an hour too long for me. I was so scared for some reason...I guess cause you really can't control other people's kids and they would just run her over in the water. Mind you, we were in the shallowest end, too! So we won't be going back there until Zoee is way older. I found out later that one of the girls from my mommies group went and left before I got there with her little girl. Her little girl almost drown...it's a long story...but for sure now we won't be going. Above is a picture of the pool. It's really fun looking..but way overcrowded!

No comments: