Monday, August 20, 2012

OMG..The Pain!

Mike and I rarely get a night out by ourselves.  But Courtney had scored tickets to Summer Mummers (we thought we weren't going to be able to go this year)..and I was sooo excited.  I love to go to Summer Mummers ..it's a blast!  So Mike and I are heading to Midland that evening to have some fun..and by the time we reach Midland I am doubled over in pain.  I knew I wouldn't be able to sit in the folding chair that is at Summer Mummers..so I was sooo bummed.  It kept getting worse and worse..and Mike decided to rush me to the ER.  They got me back pretty fast cause I told them I felt extremely nauseous..which I was..the pain was just too much!  They took me back for a CT scan and x-ray...and then hooked me up to an IV and injected an antibiotic..nausea medication..and pain killer.  THANK GOD!  I have never been in that much pain EVER..and I have been cut open to get Zoee out..been in a ton of wrecks..etc..  They determined I have a kidney stone.  Size 3 mm.  It's passable he said..so they sent me home with four medications and told me to schedule an appt with the urologist.  I saw the urologist several days later and the pain seemed to be excruiating at night.  He said that I needed to pass it on my own..he gave me two weeks.  If not, then I would have to do surgery.  I haven't felt any pain the past couple of days..so I think I might have passed it without knowing.  I have a follow up appt this Thursday..and he'll do another x-ray to see if it's still there.  Hopefully it will be gone and I won't have to worry about it anymore cause it was the most horrific pain I've ever endured.

No comments: