Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"Curving" my Appetite

Well, the time has finally come where I have made up my mind that I am going to do it. The "it" is to become healthy. Healthy for me, healthy so I can watch my daughter grow up, and healthy so I can grow old with my great husband.

Out of the blue, on June 16th..I went to hear what the lady at Curves had to say..I worked out the following day..and then on June 18th (mental side note for me to know when I began..ha ha) I joined Curves. Now for those of you who really know me, know that I actually really love to work out. In fact, I get kind of obessive about it..the more and more I go. Don't ask me why it's this way..it just is. But being 200 lbs..yes, I said it..200 lbs. overweight, getting a good workout in is extra daunting right now. But I have been working out for 4 days out of the week..and I'm about to bump that up an extra day once my Zumba videos come in. I have been eating healthy..less portions..and I already see a difference in my clothes..only after 12 days. Its amazing how much better I feel and how much more energy I have. I am now "eating to live" not 'living to eat"! It helps so much because I have an accountability partner(s) at home (Mike), at work (Felipa and Latoya), and my Curve family. I call them family now because I see them 4 days a week..and get to know more and more about them each time. It really really helps to have that accountability and support team behind you. It's been rough..getting started is the hardest part for me. I am now eating 5-6 times a day (actually feels like I'm feeding my face all day long) but it's working. I will be showing my progression each month. My starting goal is to lose 25 lbs before July 18th. That is one month. I am positive I can do it. My long term goal right now is to loose 50 lbs. by the end of summer. Mind you ..I know if I don't reach these goals by the time allotted..I know that I will have lost a lot of inches! Please pray for me on my journey to better health. Because I CAN DO IT AND I WILL DO IT!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Im so excited for you! You can do it! How is it going so far? I need to get on the bandwagon too!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.