Monday, March 18, 2013

Update on Health & Prayers Needed


I wanted to update you on how I'm doing health wise.  It's not very good right now.  I am awaiting my visit to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.  I was able to get an appointment on April 15th and it cannot come soon enough.  I still am having the muscle spasms, tremors throughout my body, and numbness and tingling throughout my arms, hands, legs, and feet.  I have to walk with a cane most places and have good and bad days.  Unfortunately everybody has good and bad days..but my bad days really get me down.  I have to usually stay in bed.  So far, I have found that heat and really cold affect me in the worse ways.  Not sure why that is..hopefully soon I will be able to know.  I get this redness ..rash-like thing on face and neck that is very odd and I have broke out in a rash on my forearms that stays around for a couple of days at a time.

Excuse the HORRIBLE picture of me!
  My tremors seem to be worse in the morning.  I have had three epileptic type episodes happen this month and one last month. They are very scary. Thank goodness they have all been at home and when Mike has been here to witness and help me.  I am trying to stay strong for my family..Mike has picked up the slack BIG TIME.  He cooks more and cleans..helps with Zoee a tremendous amount.  He's such a blessing to me and what I'm going through.  I would ask that you pray for our family as a whole.  We are going through some financial hardship right now because Mike's not have any overtime hours since January and he also found out that on Monday he will no longer be employed in 60 days. His company is shutting down here in Odessa.  Talk about kicking ya while your down.  We pray that God is closing this door in our life and going to open a glorious window very soon.  We have to wait until we get back from Mayo to decide on anything.  He has a few options already and will know more next week about a possible transfer to Ft. Worth with the company he is working for now.  It's been a rough road so far this year..one that we are trying to stay as positive as possible about.  We pray every day that God blesses our life.  We lean on each other and our marriage has grown stronger because of it.

That being said, I have set up a fundraiser for myself.  Yes, for myself.  It was really awkward doing this at first.  My friend, Mindy, came to me with the idea of doing this for funding for our trip to Minnesota.  I said, No, I couldn't possibly ask people for money.  She reminded me that everybody needs help at some point in their life.  After praying about it, I got the answer I needed and went forward with it.  I found an organization online called GiveForward.  It was super easy to do and it looked promising.  The first week of my submission to GiveForward..my friends and family and even people I do not even know wrote to me and gave donations for my journey to wellness.  I was extremely overwhelmed at the love and support I have and how generous people are.  This is truly God's work and I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.  If you would like to be apart of my journey, please go and take a look at my fundraising page.  I promise God will bless you for blessing others.

http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/qqz1/answersforamanda?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_wall&utm_campaign=vanity_page&fb_ref=810837

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that's equally educative
and engaging, and without a doubt, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy
I came across this during my hunt for something relating to this.


Also visit my site owning a bloodhound