Tuesday, September 22, 2009

O-M-Goodness!

For the past week and half, Zoee's been getting up on her knees in her crib...trying to lift herself up..so I thought to myself..well, I guess it's time to lower the crib mattress down. But, of course, my procrastinating self these days (especially more since I've had Zoee) has not lowered the crib. I guess I was thinking that it will be at least a while before she figures out how to completely stand up on her own. WRONG!!!

As I was laying Zoee down to sleep tonight in her crib...I turned around to get her a blanket. As soon as I turned back around, she grabbed on to the front of the crib..and lifted herself to her feet. I stood there in shock, as she looked up at me with the biggest grin ever and giggled. I could not believe my lil' six month old was already lifting herself up!! TOTAL SHOCK-A-ROO for me!!

I didn't know whether to be happy and excited for her...or to be scared to death. The first thing that came to mind..was...is this the first time this has happened? Or is this the first time I've seen it happen?? Needless to say, her crib is getting lowered ASAP.

I called Mom and told her what she did..and she couldn't believe it either. She's going to be walking before I know it..and I'm going to be on the move. I need her to slow down so I can enjoy her being a baby a little bit longer. Man, do they grow up fast...people use to tell me all the time to not blink because I would miss something. I'm so fortunate to be able to stay home with her so I don't miss these things. It's amazing seeing your lil' baby girl learn new skills. And she is so hilarious, she cracks me up because she is so expressive and has started talking baby talk. I love her so much and I love Mike for giving me such a wonderful lil' girl and I thank God every day for such the blessing he has given us both for Zoee to be healthy and happy!!

No comments: