Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cabin Fever

One of the repercussions to being a stay-at-home mom is that you actually have to stay at home the majority of the time. LOL I actually love getting to stay at home for the mere aspect of getting to spend all my time with Zoee..watching her grow and not missing a beat...but then there is the dreaded anti-socialization that comes with staying at home, also. I have what you would call a major case of CABIN FEVER!! I have been in the house for over a week now..except for Monday, in which I went straight to the doctor and then straight home. I understand that we've been sickly and that accrues for some of the week..but I'm going nuts! I guess what made me think of this..was last night, Mike came in for lunch at midnight and I guess I had a crazy look on my face..which he chuckled and asked.."Are you okay?" I said..no, I'm a bit delusional, I believe and the walls are closing in! I need to get out of this house. I haven't seen Mom and Dad for two weeks..since we've been sick. And Mike's parents haven't visited us in three months. Three months??? How they can stay away that long is beyond me..but I guess they are the ones that are missing out on Zoee growing up so fast. Hurts my feelings..but you can't make people come to visit you..and with Mike's work schedule..he's only off on Sundays..and that makes it hard. So needless to say, this has been the longest week in history and I have not wanted a weekend to be here so quickly I think EVER! We have a lot going on this weekend. Tomorrow (Friday) I'm going to go and do a little shopping for Jillery's baby shower around Odessa...get some of the things we need and I also have to do the dreaded grocery shopping. We try to get enough groceries for two weeks...which means an hour or so in the store. And if we go to Wal-Mart..forget about it..we're in there longer! HA HA! Saturday are big plans with my family. Mom and I are going to do some more shopping for Jillery's baby shower over in Midland..and then my Uncle Rob is visiting from England. He's such an interesting man to talk to ..cause he's traveled the world..and he has that Irish brogue, which is quite heavy. We're going to go to dinner with him and catch up on life. Then on Sunday, Mike, Zoee, and I will be attending lil' Carlie's 1st birthday (Erica's daughter). We will be heading to Big Spring. Haven't been there in forever! It is Halloween themed party and Zoee will get to test drive her Halloween costume, which happens to be a surprise..but be looking out for pictures that will get posted soon. I cannot wait to have some fun this weekend and get out and about and actually socialize with people...ha ha! I miss it so much!

No comments: