Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Oh My..How the Time Flies!

Well, it's here. The year and a half mark of Zoee's sweet life. I still can't believe it's going by so fast. They always said it would..but I didn't quite believe 'em, I guess. HA HA! She is so independent, curious, sweet most of the time, dare devil in disguise, and is smart as a whip. I have a pediatrician that seems to agree..LOL Speaking of pediatrician. We went and saw Dr. Ranga today for her 18-month check up. She said everything was great except Zoee had gained a little too much weight too quickly. What I mean is she went from 45th percentile to 75th percentile in weight. I couldn't believe it, because to me she doesn't seem to eat enough. But she's where she is suppose to be. She now weighs 26 lbs and has gained 4 1/2 lbs. in 3 months. She is still really tall for her age..measuring in the 95th percentile again at 33 3/4 inches tall. She threw the biggest fit throughout the whole time we were there except for the time when Dr. Ranga was in the room. I'm sure everybody in the waiting room and all the nurses were glad to see us get out of there. I've never seen her throw that big of a fit EVER. I'm really wondering if she knows and recalls that the doctor's office is a not-so-nice place to be?? Because that is that place where she has to get prodded and poked for her shots. She wasn't having any part of it..let me tell ya. I was quite embarassed because I don't want to be known as the "Mom with the kid who fits all the time" I mean, she's usually an angel when we go out to places, unless she's tired..she gets a little fussy..but nothing like this today. WHEW! After she recieved her shots, 3 of them, (POOR BABY) she stopped crying and settled down, only as we were leaving..LOL She looked great and Dr. Ranga checked her motor skills, she gave her a high-five, and a hug (I love Dr. Ranga because of that) and we were on our way home. I wanted to take a pic of her at the doctor's office..but she was all blotchy (like I get when I cry) and unhappy..so I decided not to. But here are some pics from our day together on Zoee's YEAR AND A HALF BIRTHDAY!
We went to the mall..and let her play on all the fun things.


In the ice cream truck..a little boy got in with her.

Always making sure to look in her blind spot...LOL

Riding the My Little Pony
Our very first attempt with playing on the playground at the mall.

She really really loved it. I didn't think she would do it..but she did.



She was grinning from ear to ear.
Next came her very first Carousel ride.

No comments: