Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Stay in Dallas

On Thursday, we headed to Dallas for Zoee's doctor's appointment at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital. I had hadn't heard from the Ronald McDonald house so I decided to give them a call to see if we were able to stay there. The lady told me that unfortunately they didn't have any room for us but said she would call if they had anything come available. I was bummed. So then around 12:30 when we arrived into Fort Worth, I get a call saying that a family had checked out and that we would be able to check in if we still wanted the room. We were thrilled. I had heard so many amazing things about the house and as we pulled up and checked in, it was just as some had told me. AMAZING!! Our whole stay was awesome and we so loved meeting new people and the whole experience. I was so nervous about Zoee's appointment the next day, but tried not to show it. When you stay, they feed you 3 meals a day if you would like. We decided to have dinner with them and breakfast the next morning. It was so delicious. They have volunteers that come in and make the meals every day. What wonderful and generous people! If you are having to stay with your children for any medical reason in the Dallas area, I would strongly suggest you stay with them. It's an awesome experience!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free slideshow

No comments: