Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Brain Scare & Dates of it All

It's now New Years Day..Happy News everyone! I am praying that 2012 is a better year than this last health wise for me.

Here's what has happened the past two weeks...

Dec. 12th- Saw OBGYN Lively...basically harped on me for being fat and told me I needed to go and see a bariatric doctor about surgery. I went in to see him because I had been having a horrible period since November 7th...off and on.

Dec. 15th--That afternoon sitting in living room and thought I had a glazing of mucus over my eye..went to bathroom and nothing was there. Come to find out I had become blind in the half peripheral of my left eye.

Dec. 16th--Went and saw my optometrist (regular eye doctor). He dilated my eyes and found nothing wrong with my eyes. Said I must of had been having an optical migraine to go home and rest and it should go away in a few hours. Low and behold..it did not go away the whole weekend.

Dec. 19th--Went and saw Dr Mayans (Opthalmologist) He also dilated my eyes and said he did not find anything wrong with my eyes either but said it's definitely not a migraine..must be something neurological. Referred me to Dr. Gurru ASAP.

Dec. 19th--Saw Dr. Gurru Ran a Vision field test and scheduled me for MRI for next day

Dec. 20th--Went in for MRI...could not do the closed MRI..freaked out so ended up doing the CAT scan instead with IV iodine. Took 7 vials of blood for testing.

Dec. 21st --Back to Dr Gurru--Told me it was possibly PsuedoTumor Cerebri that he does she a tumor/mass growing putting pressure on my optic nerve causing the blindness. Still has not ruled out Multiple Sclerosis.

Dec. 23rd--Saw Dr. Patel (Internist) for high blood pressure. Got full physical on body. Let me tell ya..it was FULL physical..poked prodded EVERYWHERE..ha Put on new blood pressure medication.

Dec. 27th--Red blood blister type circles show up on my face--doctor assumes it is stress. Open MRI done (successful) wasn't bad when put on Xanex. Didn't think I was claustrophobic until put into that situation. Thought I was being shot by a machine gun..hammered with a jack hammer at other times...and going to be vibrated to death ..just very annoying.

Dec. 28th-Saw Dr. Gurru again--Said found nothing on MRI except swelling on my brain. There is no tumor/mass. Too much bone around the eyes to tell the first time with Cat Scan. Says that I will have to have a Lumbar Tap (Spinal Tap) done in Midland. If too much pressure on brain they will relieve it by taking out some of the spinal fluid.

Dec. 29th Day- Saw Dr. Van Riper (Another OBGYN) Period still hasn't stopped or slowed-I went in and without him introducing himself or anything he said..oh you are very obese and have you ever talked to a bariatric doctor? I guess with everything that had been going on over the past week or so..I just lost it. seriously lost it. I just sat and bawled. Thank God my mom was in there cause I didn't hear much after that what he was saying. He did an exam and said that my lining was thinning to spare you the rest of the details and that I should be stopping pretty soon and sure enough I finally stopped that evening. PRAISE GOD!! After having a period since November 7th..I seriously thought I was bleeding to death. I know I know TMI! But it was horrendous with having to deal with that on top of everything else. I finally settled down..but was pretty stressed the rest of the day. I was so sick of doctors telling me that i was obese that I needed bariatric surgery...and Dr Van Riper nor Dr Lively were nice about it at ALL. I mean..there are nicer ways to tell someone they are fat. It's not like I don't look in the mirror everyday. Besides..all this started happening when I've been losing weight..so it's really hard for me to understand it all.

Dec. 29th NIGHT-About 10:30 at night I was sitting on the couch and not feeling right. I started feeling kind of panicked. My chest started pounding..I felt like something was sitting on my chest. Very bad headache..jittery. I thought maybe my blood pressure was up..so I went to take it and I couldn't even sit still enough to let Mike take it for me. I basically ripped it off of my arm and said we have to go to the ER. My Mom and Dad were already on their way to take care of Zoee..but that's a 30 min. drive and so Mike just grabbed Zoee out of her sleep and we bolted out the door. I thought I was having a heart attack really. I was in the ER for 5 hours and still not settled down. They gave me two big shots and I was still jittery time I got home. I finally got to sleep around 3 am...then had to be up again to do the spinal tap by 10:30. By this time..I was sooo exhausted and weak.

Dec. 30th-Spinal Tap day-We traveled over to the RadIology dept in Midland to do the Spinal Tap. I waited for an hour for the Radiologist tech to come out..he came out took me back and checked my weight..we came back out and he said..I'm sorry we are not going to be able to do it. YOu cap the weight capacity for our table for the flouroscope table for the lumbar tap. I said you have got to be kidding me. So what am I going to do?? He said he was going to talk to Dr. Gurru (who happened to out of town because of the holiday) and talk to the Radiologist and get back to me to wait back in the waiting room. I was so pissed off. Like seriously..nothing is made for overweight people. He came back out and said no they weren't going to be able to do it. That they are going to go ahead and start the treatment with the IV steriod drug. I have to go for three days from about 6 pm to 8:30 pm to be hooked up to a drip. Let me tell ya..this is no cake walk. This steriod is no joke..it's strong and unrelenting..especially at night.

Dec. 31st--Round 2 of IV treatment of steriod 6-9 this time. This steriod makes me hungry, thirsty..jittery..heart to palpitate funny..race.. forget sleeping when you are all amped up..I have had a constant headache even though I'm on migraine medication. I would hate to see what it would be like if I wasn't on medication. The next day my hips, legs, and knees hurt..basically joints. It also leaves the most nasty taste in your mouth during and after for about 3-4 hours like you've been sucking on a metal.

Jan. 1st--Round 3 of IV treatment of steriod--hopefully this is my last night of this. I'm sick of being stuck. I've been poked and prodded everywhere. I will be seeing Dr. Gurru again sometime this week to see about further treatment. Not sure if I will be going somewhere else..if they have a machine big enough for the fluroscope procedure to take this pressure off..if not I might have to get a shunt put in either brain or spine to take it off. That is scary cause that means surgery.

No comments: