Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family Fun at the Lake





Swinging with Daddy


My cousin, Amy and her 2-month-old son, Owen







Cute cousins having a blast











Jhett and Zoee taking a dip in the pool






She's just relaxing..don't you wish life could be this simple all the time?





















Hanging out with my mom' friend, Carol..She lives in Round Rock and drove over to hang out.











My bathing suit beauty getting ready to take a dip in the pool












Giving her cousin, Jhett hugs






Spending time with Grammy






Well, I'm finally back from almost a week-long vacation. We went to stay at my Aunt Kathy's lake house. We stayed from Tuesday-Monday. We had a lot of fun spending time with family and friends. We went to Round Rock during the week to do a little shopping at the awesome outlet mall there. And I also got to spend a few hours in IKEA for the first time in my life. I had always wanted to go into one..and just like I thought..it rocked. They have such neat things.






During our visit to Austin, I got to see my friend, Brenee'. I haven't seen her since her wedding last summer and it was good times getting to catch up. I miss her dearly and we always seem to pick up right where we left off. I wished we lived closer..but she seems so happy and I'm so happy for her.

Mike showed up Saturday morning and spent the weekend with us..so that was a treat. I didn't think he was going to get to come. Thought he was going to have to work all weekend. We stayed an extra night after everybody left.






Zoee got to swim twice while we were there and she just loved it. I bought her a lil' pool..just perfect for her. She just relaxed and learned to splash and kick.






All in all, I was so glad we got to spend the weekend with family and friends..and I wish we could do it more often. I really miss my family...and wish that my family would make an effort to get together more often. It's harder when you grow up and start having families of your own...but seriously..it doesn't take a lot to get together for dinner or even a weekend.

No comments: