Thursday, July 18, 2013

New Wheels

Well, Ol' Red bit the dust. She was a great and trusty car to us for many many years.  I was sad to see her go cause she was paid off and Mike mainly drove her back and forth to work.  But we sent her to the mechanic and he said that she needed a new engine :(  Sad day considering it was going to be cost about $3,500.00 for us to get a new one with labor.  So we have to figure out what to do with it.  
We had been searching for vehicles for a while cause we knew she was about to bite it.  So we found a new one on Monday.  We got a Cadillac DTS.  It's a sedan.  I wanted something big enough to hold our luggage, Zoee, and plenty of room for all three of us to ride in case we travel long distances in it.  It's a cheap payment and has all the luxury amenities.  My body will be warm in the winter and cool in the summer.  The steering wheel even heats up in the winter.  I can start it while I'm indoors.  It's a lot of car..but gets up and goes and great on gas and the ride is extremely smooth.  I figured we'll keep it for a while and trade off van when we this paid for.  It's a never-ending vicious cycle.  HA  



No comments: