Monday, October 11, 2010

The Flare-up!

**Duodenal ulcer: An ulcer (a hole in the lining) of the duodenum (the first portion of the small intestine).

After about two weeks of being in pain, I decided to go to my doctor and see what the heck was wrong with me. I have had different symptoms for the past two weeks-each day it was something different. Mine included nausea, bloated feeling, pain radiating on left side right under my breast (deep inside behind my ribs). He said he thinks I have this ugly thing. It's called a Duodenal Ulcer. All of my symptoms are the same as what this causes. It's caused by a bacteria that eats the lining away. FUN STUFF, HUH?? Not so fun for me..because the pain radiates through my stomach/abdomen, lower region, and back. I've never had anything like this. It feels like a really bad burning sensation on top of a bad stomach ache. He gave me what is called a PrevPac (it's 3 different medications) in this handy lil' package. I have to take it for 2 weeks and if the pain doesn't go away by then, I have to go back either for an GI test or endoscopy. Both of those don't sound at all what I would want to do...so I'm praying that this medication does the trick. I also have to take Prevacid for a month after I finish this antibiotic pack. Another concern of mine was that I'm having a flare-up on my elbows and arms with my psoriasis. He gave me a shot and some more cream to put on that..so hopefully that will be gone soon. He told me to try and reduce my stress as much as possible and to take it easy. Yeah, right..he obviously doesn't know what a day in the life of a 19-month-old lil' girl entails. HA HA...so please pray for my speedy recovery..and I will pray that none of you get this EVER in your lifetime..cause it's painful and not fun to deal with. These are two pics that I got off the internet to show you what it looks like. I wonder if mine looks similar to these?? Don't mean to gross ya out..but I was intrigued!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: